The strategic role governors have within a school is of paramount importance. This course covers how effective financial planning, monitoring and evaluation can help you realise your strategic objectives. Within a financial context, it covers the importance of school self-evaluation and the need for strategic thinking, planning and management.
- to understand the requirements of the SFVS
- to learn about budgets, budget setting, income and budget monitoring
- to identify sources of funding for schools
- to understand about financial reports and benchmarking data available to governors
- to be aware of governing body’s responsibilities relating to financial management and the requirements of the School Financial Value Standard.
- strategic budget setting – alignment to strategic priorities over a 3 to 5 year period
- iscuss main causes of financial uncertainty and vulnerability
- what does a strategic finance plan look like?
- finance as a strategic decision-making tool
All governors, particularly those who are members of the school’s resources/finance committee and chairs/vice chairs