This is a knowledge-only qualification. This purpose of this qualification is to:
The objectives of this qualification is to help learners to:
- introduce the concepts of equality and diversity in society
- highlight how stereotyping and labelling affect individuals
- outline the effects of prejudice and discrimination
- allow the learner to examine rights and responsibilities
- provide a basis for further study and/or career development
- raise their awareness of the issues surrounding equality and
- apply this awareness through their actions in society
WHY STUDY HERE We offer an excellent adult learning environment with up to date resources and facilities. Tutors are experienced, well qualified and offer industry experience in their subjects. Learning is accessible from home via the online learning platform, Google Classroom, to allow you to make progress between taught sessions.
DELIVERY METHOD A variety of teaching and learning strategies will be employed in the classroom. You will be taught relevant topics through activities and discussion and undertake independent research. Your tutor will assess your work by written assignment via Google Classroom. HOMEWORK You will be expected to work for up to 6 hours per week on activities at home, as directed by your tutor. ASSESSMENT The course is continuously assessed using a variety of assessments – you will complete one written assignment and a weekly learner journal. FURTHER STUDY Guidance is given throughout the course regarding opportunities and careers. Upon successful completion of this course, you may progress onto the CACHE/NCFE qualifications in Principles of Equality and Diversity at Level 3 or above, qualifications in Managing Equality and Diversity in Organisations at Level 3 or above. Due to the relevance of this qualification to all sectors, learners may also progress (including laterally) onto qualifications in other relevant areas such as:
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION You will need to bring a notebook and pen with you.
- youth work
- community development work
- health and social care
- customer service/business subjects
- early years care and education.
APPLICATION METHOD Visit the centre to enrol.
Adult learners. Ideal for those who need to develop an awareness of issues surrounding equality and diversity, for example as part of an induction programme or personal development.