Moderation cluster group (discussion and moderation of assessment evidence relating to children’s writing)
Focus: Moderation of assessment of children within the EYFS (4 – 5 years / reception) – Writing Aims:
Please bring evidence of one child’s writing. Please annotate this to provide information about the context. Please also bring a copy of ‘development matters’ or ‘early years outcomes’ and the exemplification materials
- To support a consistent and accurate understanding of the ELGs for writing in line with national standards (as documented in the EYFSP exemplification materials).
- Children’s learning and development in relation to writing will be assessed accurately assessed using the EYFS ‘Development Matters’ / ‘Early Years Outcomes’ document and, at the end of the year, using the EYFSP.
- Children’s learning and development will be consistently assessed by different practitioners within the same and wider provision.
- Children’s progress will be more effectively supported as they are provided with experiences which challenge and interested them and are based upon accurate assessment.
- Ultimately the intended outcome is that children will make more progress and outcomes will improve.
- Staff will understand the statements and statutory early learning goals relating to writing within the EYFS ‘Development Matters’ / ‘Early Years Outcomes’ document.
- Staff will understanding the ‘exceeding’ statement for writing
- Staff will become more confident in assessing children’s writing in relation to the early learning goal in line with the national standard.
- Staff will understand the moderation process and how to transfer this to their own provision.
For booking please complete the details online by selecting your School or Setting and filling in your details. This course is has been highly subsidised by the LA, therefore is free of charge to all delegates. If you would like any further information or assistance please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 01724 298420
Practitioners working with children aged 4 – 5 years who are in the final year of the EYFS. Year one staff, Practitioners from PVI providers and nursery classes are also welcome.