Moderation cluster group (discussion and moderation of assessment evidence relating to children’s writing)
Focus: Moderation of assessment of children within the EYFS (3 – 4 years) – Writing Aims:
- To support a consistent and accurate understanding of the assessment of writing for children within the 22 – 36, 30 – 50 and 40 – 60 month banding.
- Children’s learning and development in relation to writing will be assessed accurately assessed using the EYFS ‘Development Matters’ / ‘Early Years Outcomes’ supporting document.
- Children’s learning and development within writing will be consistently assessed by different practitioners within the same and wider provision.
- Children’s progress within writing will be more effectively supported as they are provided with experiences which challenge and interested them and are based upon accurate assessment.
- Staff will develop further understanding of children’s progression in writing
- Staff will understand the statements relating to writing within the EYFS ‘Development Matters’ / ‘Early Years Outcomes’ document, with particular focus on the 22 – 36, 30 – 50 and 40 – 60 month bandings.
- Staff will become more confident in assessing children’s writing, using the EYFS ‘Development Matters’ / ‘Early Years Outcomes’ and other guidance as to support this.
- Staff will understand the moderation process and how to transfer this to their own provision.
For booking please complete the details online by selecting your School or Setting and filling in your details. PLEASE NOTE: This course is has been highly subsidised by the LA, therefore is free of charge to all delegates. If you would like any further information or assistance please e-mail: email@example.com or phone: 01724 298420 Please bring evidence of a child’s writing. Please annotate this to provide information about the context. Please also bring a copy of ‘development matters’ or ‘early years outcomes’.
All practitioners working with children aged 3 – 4 years.