We recognise that schools are autonomous and self-evaluating, being responsible for their own improvement. The role of the LA is to support this by providing advice, support and challenge to sustain improvement. The service offers a wide range of additional support services for schools to meet their own specific needs. Our skills and experience ensure schools get real value for money and support to achieve positive outcomes for pupils.
Our team of experienced educational professionals will provide you with advice, support and challenge in a wide range of curriculum, management and leadership areas for school improvement, our Core Offer is available to all school in North Lincolnshire. To do this we:
- Work in partnership with our schools, academies and colleges to help them evaluate their impact on pupil outcomes and decide on the right improvement priorities
- Provide different levels of challenge and support, including peer leaders or school improvement partners for all schools
- Intervene early in schools of concern to support rapid improvement
- Facilitate the sector-led, peer leader and school improvement partnership programmes
- Promote and assist partnerships between schools to share good practice, build capacity and ensure sustainability
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of schools
- Provide bespoke support for leaders who are new to headship – including peer mentoring opportunities
- Support governors with the recruitment of head teachers
- Provide the brokerage of learning partnerships with local, regional and national partners
- Provide Ofsted support – pre- and post-inspection
- Provide school improvement reviews i.e. Safeguarding Review, Teaching & Learning and Leadership & Management Reviews, and Signatures of Risk evaluations.