We recognise that schools are autonomous and self-evaluating, being responsible for their own improvement. The role of the LA is to support this by providing support and challenge to sustain improvement. The service offers a wide range of additional support services for schools to meet their own specific needs. Our skills and experience ensure schools get real value for money and support to achieve positive outcomes for pupils.
Our team of experienced educational professionals can provide you with advice, support and challenge in a wide range of curriculum, management and leadership areas for school improvement.
We do this by:
- Working in partnership with our schools, academies and colleges to help them evaluate their impact on pupil outcomes and decide on the right improvement priorities
- Providing different levels of challenge and support, including school improvement partners for all schools
- Intervening early in schools of concern to bring rapid improvement
- Promoting and assisting partnerships between schools to share good practice and build capacity
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of schools
- Fulfilling statutory duties and council priorities
Standards and Effectiveness is central to the delivery of the North Lincolnshire Education Strategy for Schools.